Your Online Resource for Business Certifications
BusinessCertifications is a site dedicated to providing useful information about online business certificates and degrees. Online business certificates are mostly focus on post-graduate programs, designed to take your career further. Certifications assure potential employers that you have the qualifications necessary to perform a specific job or task.
While not the same as a degree or a diploma, a certificate is a credential that can provide a certain level of proof that you are prepared for a position that you are applying for. There are also continuing education units (CEUs) and community colleges with certification programs.
Definition of Business Certifications:
A variety of online business certification programs exist. Typically online programs are self-paced and have rolling admissions so students can join courses at any time.
Becoming certified through these programs means that an official organization has trained you and tested your functional abilities within a specific business field. Current and future employers will take this as a sign that you hold a certain level of specialized knowledge in business. You’ll quickly gain particular knowledge within a business niche. You’re also able to strengthen your resume towards a specific industry, which will set you apart from others in the business field.
Specializations Within Business Certification Programs:
Business certification programs are offered for any type of role within the business field. Project management, risk management, quality assurance, contract management, and more all have departments who are looking for employees with high quality capabilities. Completing a business certification program within your business specialization will prove that you have the professional standards companies are looking for.
Some of the most popular specializations in business certification programs include the following:
Project Management:There are an array of project management certifications that professionals in any industry can receive to advance their knowledge. These certifications provide skills and abilities applicable to government, construction, information technology and more. These certifications prove to employers that an applicant has the necessary skills for project management. Certificates in project management can also lead to higher wages, better job opportunities, and improved job satisfaction. The following are the most common certifications in project management:
- Project Management Professional (PMP): This is the most common certification. It’s known for providing knowledge and skills in leading and directing project teams and delivering project results within schedule, resource and budget constraints.
- Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM): The CAPM is typically designed for project team members. It validates team members with fundamental knowledge of project management terminology and processes.
- Program Management Professional (PgMP): This certification validates the skills needed to oversee multiple projects that may be related to each other and that are aligned with an organizational strategy.
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP): The PMI-SP shows that certification holders have advanced specialized skills in creating and maintaining project schedules.
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP): This certification focuses on identifying and assessing project risks, while lessening risks and taking advantage of available opportunities.
Contract Management: There are a few contract management certification options available. The field of contract management is complex and high-risk. These certifications provide you with the in-depth knowledge you need to ensure positive results in contract management. Employers typically choose to hire or promote employees with certifications because it shows they have specialized skills and a commitment to contract management. A few options for these certifications include:
- Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM): The CFCM provides knowledge for those who wish to become contract managements in the federal government environment.
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM): This certification strengthens knowledge of contract management in commercial environments.
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM): The CPCM is an advanced certification that will endorse your knowledge of contract management in both the federal and commercial environments. It’s the most advanced certification available for contract management.
This is a business strategy used in many different industries. Training for Six Sigma can be found at community colleges, online schools, career schools, and Six Sigma training centers. There isn’t one standard of Six Sigma certification; therefore your training will vary depending on where you receive it. Six Sigma uses quality management methods to identify and remove the causes of defects in businesses. The result of sigma implementation is an improved quality of product and reduced costs. Six Sigma is a pretty widespread qualification for management positions. It’s often seen as a requirement in job listings and is therefore a great qualification to seek for employment advancement. In large organizations, Six Sigma is even implemented across the entire company. The levels of training and certification in Six Sigma include:
- Green Belt: This is the beginning level of Six Sigma. It provides fundamental knowledge of Six Sigma for project team members who have responsibility for a specific function within a project.
- Black Belt: This level is more advanced and geared towards those who lead Six Sigma projects. This level provides a thorough knowledge of Six Sigma philosophies, principles, systems and tools.
- Master Black Belt: This Six Sigma level focuses on advanced tools, methods and leadership skills. It’s best for individuals who act as in-house experts on Six Sigma.
Those who work in human resources departments must have a broad spectrum of knowledge about labor regulations, compensations practices, and labor relations. Like all other specializations, HR certifications help individuals in job advancement or employment. There are multiple certifications to assess human resource professional’s knowledge of all of the areas that fall within an HR professional’s responsibility, including:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR): This certification provides you with general knowledge of human resources at the operational level.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR): This is a more advanced certification that confirms general knowledge of HR. It also provides more human resources skills at the policy and strategic level.
- Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR): This certification assesses global HR knowledge for those who have cross-border responsibilities.
Companies find risk management to be absolutely necessary and critical in order for them to move forward. The responsibility of risk managers is to ensure that companies act responsibly by maximizing profits and avoiding risky behaviors that have negative consequences. Risk managers need advanced training so they can offer current advice in today’s global marketplace. With a certification, risk managers can distinguish themselves. Many financial institutions even require their employees to obtain a risk management certification. A certification in risk management will ensure recognition, provide better job opportunities, and raise salaries.
The two most widely recognized financial risk management certifications are the Financial Risk Manager (FRM), offered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP), and the Professional Risk Manager (PRM) offered by the Professional Risk Manager’s International Association (PRMIA). Both of these exams can be found through numerous training course provides and online schools.
This certification will qualify you to become a leading business analysts. As a business analyst you’ll play a critical role in helping organizations implement technology solutions by bridging the gap of understanding between business needs and technology. Business analysts work with technologists to determine what the ultimate solution should be to a technical problem. Through certification, business analysts will learn how to determine possible solutions to potential problems. Certification identifies you as having a proven level of competence that an employer can rely on to produce effective results.
The Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) is the industry standard and most common designation for experienced business analysts. It is recognized worldwide. A number of online schools, professional development programs and training centers offer their own business analysis certifications. These programs are accessible even if you do not have significant experience in business analysis.
Property management covers the area of real estate managers. A wide range of responsibilities exists for property managers. Therefore they must be certified in an array of skills such as finance, management, human resources, marketing and law. Obtaining property management certification will ensure that you have the necessary knowledge in all these subject areas to perform your job. There are two main organizations that offer widely recognized property management certifications:
Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM):
- Certified Property Manager (CPM): This is a universally recognized certificate offering comprehensive skills in property management.
- Accredited Residential Manager (ARM): This is offered specifically to those who manage residential properties.
- Accredited Commercial Manager (ACoM): The ACoM is designated to those who manage commercial properties.
National Property Management Association (NPMA):
- Certified Professional Property Specialist (CPPS): This certification is for those new to property management who work in a specific functional area. This would be the best option for you if you have no prior experience in property management.
- Certified Professional Property Administrator (CPPA): The CPPA is good if you have worked in property management for at least three years and have experience in at least seven functional areas.
- Certified Professional Property Manager (CPPM): This is directed towards those who have worked in property management for at least seven years and have four years of managerial experience. This is the highest level of certification available for property managers.
Search for a degree
Complete the form below to be matched with schools that suit your interests.